You, your pharmacist or your doctor call us to register your chronic condition and chronic medicines.
Once registered you will receive a letter confirming the outcome of your application.
Bonus? The entire process is simplified & there is no need for forms
A ChroniLine pharmacist can do the authorisation using the Renaissance Health Fund Rules.
The ChroniLine pharmacist will contact you or your doctor should more information be needed
You need to register all new diagnosed chronic conditions.
Prescriptions are valid for different periods of time. It is your responsibility to have a valid prescription for the pharmacist to dispense your chronic medication.
- A 10% levy is charged for preferred medicine.
- A 20% levy is charged for non-preferred medicine.
- To lower your co-payment, ask your pharmacist if a less expensive generic medicine is available for your condition.
Your preferred pharmacist will submit the claim in real time to the Fund.
Chronic conditions covered*
- Addison’s Disease
- Allergic Rhinitis(Hay Fever)
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder(ADHD)(Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy(BPH)(Enlarged prostate)
- Bipolar Mood Disorder(Manic Depression)
- Cardiomyopathy(Heart Muscle Disease)
- Chronic Depression
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
- Chronic Renal Failure(Chronic Kidney Disease)
- Congestive Cardiac Failure(CCF) (Heart failure)
- Coronary Artery Disease(CAD)(Heart Blood Vessel Disease)
- Crohn’s Disease(Chronic Bowel Disease)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diabetes Mellitus type 1 & 2(High Blood Sugar)
- Dysrhythmias(Abnormal Heart Rhythm)
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease(GORD)
- Haemophilia(Blood Clotting Disorder)
- Hyperlipidaemia(High Cholesterol)
- Hypertension(High Blood Pressure)
- Hypothyroidism(Underactive Thyroid)
- Incontinence(Poor Bladder Control)
- Menopause/Hormone replacement therapy(HRT)
- Multiple sclerosis(MS)
- Myasthenia gravis
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Osteoporosis(Brittle Bones)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus(SLE) (Lupus)
- Ulcerative Colitis(Chronic
- Bowel Disease